Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here goes...

Welcome to my blog. If you are reading this, you probably know that Sean and I began the process of adoption earlier this year. (If this is news to you, I apologize that I haven't been better at keeping in touch. Hopefully this blog will help with that shortcoming of mine.) We feel so blessed with the overwhelmingly positive support we have received thus far on this journey of faith, and we are encouraged that so many people in our lives have a genuine interest in seeing it all play out.

It is my hope that, through this blog, we will be able to keep you updated on how the process works as well as the progress we are making and also that, through our story, we will be a light and an encouragement to those who are struggling with God's plan for their lives not matching their own. I will be the first to tell you that it is much easier said than done to let God take the reins; for so long I wanted His plan for us to be what I already thought it should be. It is still and will always be something that I must turn over to Him on a daily basis, but as we feel led on this new path to grow our family I am thrilled to see how He will bring it all together in time.

As I close for today, let me make one thing clear: adoption is not second best. True, this is not the way that we had first imagined our family getting started, but we wholeheartedly believe that this is God's first choice for us. We would love your continued prayers for blatantly obvious open and closed doors as we take this giant leap of faith.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! And I love your comment that adoption is not second best--Amen! God will bless your heart of faith and trust in Him! Love you!

    ReplyDelete