Monday, July 19, 2010

Short Update

With the completion of our CPR and First Aid course on Saturday we are officially finished with all of our Family Assessment obligations. We have our individual interviews set up for Tuesday, July 27th and hopefully we'll be able to set an appointment for our home visit soon after that. I was hoping to be able to get to work on our profile during summer vacation, but I suppose it will have to be an after school and weekend project instead.

There's not really much more to tell right now. I do feel the need to say that I do not intend for my blog to come across as me trying to show off our seemingly wonderful life. I do not want anyone to read this and feel envious of us, nor do I want to be pitied. We are so excited (and at times nervous) about this process, but it is not without months of heartache that we have arrived at this place. It continues to be a daily (and sometimes hourly) struggle to give our future up to what God has planned. Again, it is my hope that by reading this, someone will be encouraged just as you all have encouraged us so very much with your interest and positive comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment